1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Photo Page

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by GreenMonster, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I can totally understand not going full time in that respect. That is one of the reasons I haven't gone full time yet either, maybe this year but most likely 2006. I'm thankfull for an understanding family as it takes more time away from them as I do my full time job all day then fulfill the commitments to the business which are early mornings, lunch breaks, evenings & weekends. It'll all pay off in the long run.

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

btw, i have approx 3,000 or so fonts on my machine, thus bradley is no problem for my pc to display. the standard IE 5.0 load includes the following fonts (microsoft does not have the listing for 6, but i know bradley isn't among them):

Andale Mono (formerly Monotype.com)
    Arial Black
    Comic Sans MS
    Courier New
    Times New Roman
    Trebuchet MS
  3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

tony, the bradley hasn't been a problem on most machines, but the blueprint font which is the "Green Monster Landscapes" header has been. Maybe I should just make it a graphic instead?

BTW, you keep saying Bradley, but I believe the font I used is Tempus? Maybe are getting the actual font I choose -- although it WAS Bradley at one time.

Buck -- Yes. Family suffers the most, but I CANNOT continue in my current job where I'm constantly away from home. I do not want to look back 16 years from now, and wonder when my daughter grew up, cuz I missed it all :(

It better pay off. I'm working too hard for it not to.
  4. tonygreek

i'd make it a graphic (.gif).

with regard to tempus, my fault. the fonts are very similar styles. you have a style sheet attached, which is what i was looking at, but it's overridden by your actual html pages. did you realize that? either way, it's not part of the internet explorer load. it is part of ms office, but if the end-user doesn't have it, your page view will default to the visitor's selected default font in IE.

here's a list of products that include the tempus font:

Access 97 SR2, FrontPage 98, Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000 Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office 97 SR1a, Office Professional Edition 2003, PhotoDraw 2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 2002, Picture It! 98, Picture It! 99, Plus! 98, Publisher 2000, Publisher 97, Publisher 98, Works 2002
  5. GreenMonster

from NH

YEAH, I KNEW THAT :rolleyes:

Sorry, no Tony. no idea what you're talking about, or how I would go about changing it, if I even should. I really just whipped this thing out in Frontpage using drag & drop. I didn't look at a single line of html code to build it. Quite frankly, at this point in time, I don't have the interest or time to learn HTML. That's why something like frontpage was so appealing.

Thanks for all your advice so far. If you think of anything else I should be doing, let me know.
  6. tonygreek

if the site displays as you'd like, then don't worry about the style sheet. it might be being used for certain aspects of your site that you don't realize, so don't bother.

style sheets allow you to make global site changes instead of having to change every little font tag.
  7. GreenMonster

from NH

For the most part it does, but that sounds handy. How do I access it?

One more question, if you don't mind. I made a simple little change to the home page -- changed the "photos" button to "On-Line Portfolio". I've resent the index page, and anything else that seems to have changed, but it's not showing up on the web.
  8. tonygreek

i don't see the change either, and it's not a caching problem. i'd recheck that you saved the changes and resend the appropriate files.

as for the css file, you can open it from the link i posted earlier. or just look on your computer under that folder path. righ click and open it with notepad or through frontpage.
  9. GreenMonster

from NH

Yeah, I thought it was a caching issue too, but no. The changes are definately there when I open it in Frontpage, and the server seems to be updated with the latest changes. :confused: Now, when you make a change as I've described in frontpage, you're basically changing the template, correct. That is, the header, margins, footer and all that stuff changes on each page. Is there something along the lines of the template I need to upload????

I'll check out the .css file too.

Thanks again.
  10. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the way it's set forth - simple and easy to understand.

A clear statement of what to expect, and then the photos.