New pics of stuff (new stuff) including the new Z & the 36" 17hp TTHP!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Jun 18, 2004.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Ok ladies and gents. Finally I got a digital camera (after old one kicked the bucket). So here are some pictures of 3 new items of mine.

Here are some pictures of the 2004 Ferris IS1000Z 52” 23hp Kawasaki with front suspension, heavy duty canister air filter. I really like this mower. I have tried several others and I really like this one. I could elaborate but I don’t have the time. It’s a good machine. I’m still trying to find the perfect blades to go on it…. seems like it really likes sharp blades and perfect deck pitch… my eXmark was never that picky…. But it does a good job. I’m just trying to find the right blades to provide the optimum balance of suction (I have some that don’t suck enough, others suck too much and create blowout which does not give proper vacuum). Next on the list is eXmark eXcalibur blades. I have not played with doubles very much (some but not a lot). When I get it just right I will post for all the Ferris guys.

Next is my home-built 36” eXmark TTHP hydro floating deck with 17hp V-twin Kawasaki. It took about a full day of labor to do that. I built everything from the engine forward. I recycled the spindles and idlers from the 52” deck (which is still useable if you switch these back. I think you could have a 52” again in about an hour using an air impact wrench). It is a floating deck and works exactly like if it was a factory built machine. The front tires are not as wide and not quite as beefy as factory ones, but man those things are expensive! It does a really nice job. Gives a perfect cut, very clean and level once I got the deck leveled out. It does a super job. I couldn’t be happier. The 17hp is gobs of power when bush-hogging!!!! It keeps going and won’t bog down! It is really an awesome mowchine. If you couldn’t tell, I’m kind of proud of this one! :D

Last, is a Lawn Boy Silver Series 21” self propelled that I got yesterday (used of course). It has a 4.5hp 2 stroke commercial engine on it. It is set up to mulch right now with the mulcher fan and the baffle. It is a real nice little mower and does a very nice job. I got it for a mere $50 (no, I do not feel any guilt LOL). I only use it on one lawn that I just got, and the gate is too small for the 36” and the area to be mowed is very small as well.

I will also post some pics of some stripes. I took most of them on low quality level so that I could take more pictures but I haven’t used the camera enough to know that low quality is very low! LOL….

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

1.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

2.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Buddy of mine added the lights for me. They are fused and a switch is on the control panel right next to the ignition switch.

3.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

4.jpg

6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

5.jpg

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Looks nice, and they are the right color. Can you tell me how the lawn boy mulches and if good, can I see picture of under the deck.

Thanks
    Tom

8. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

One of the truck.... Recently I painted the wheels and bed. Very soon I will be replacing the side boards (need it bad LOL). I added dual exhaust also (Cherry Bomb glass packs, 2.5" pipes, then 3.5" chrome tips 21" long, no cat converter the 460 sounds really mean!)

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Oops! forgot the pic.
    Tom, I got it just yesterday afternoon. It stormed and poured rain briefly. I then took it to a yard that I hadn't mowed before (looked like a good week's growth) and it was sopping wet. The Lawn Boy did not clump a bit at 3" but the deck was packed up pretty good. Did a real good job, i was expecting clumps!

Yes, I'm partial to red also :)

6.jpg

10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks Good, nice color.