New pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by J. Peterson Grading, Jun 11, 2011.

1. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Good to hear that. I was really wondering if the Volvo JCB skids were gonna be as bad as the JCB ones. I demoed a JCB Robot CTL back when my uncle was thinking about getting a JCB robot, neither of us liked it, no power. Luckily the salesman from the dealer never called us back. Good!

2. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you buy this or are you just renting it to see if you like it enough?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

My buddy at Bobcat siad they hooked their mulcher up to JCB's largest CTL abd you could actually see the boom flexing so much that it almost contacted the cab. Granted, I don't know how many will end up with mulchers on them, but they don't think the boom would make it 500 hours in the field in that application before the cab interferred with the boom movement. I wouldn't be shocked to see JCB gusset the loader tower. A mulcher weighs in at around 2300lbs.

4. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

This is a machine that I won't be getting anytime soon, ok ever. But, given the chance to operate something "New" I jumped at it. Thats all its going to be on my end.

J.

5. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

jcb lifetime guarantee the arm... and your mate at bobcat, im sure that was an impartial opinion.... lol

6. Digdeep

So I guess if the loader fails in 500hrs then that's the like time of the loader :)

In fairness I've never seen a failed loader on one; however, JCB only sold about 150 of them in the US last year.

Maybe J can take his skip and put some dirt into it to cycle the loader up and down to see if the tower flexes? I do like the work they did on the cab even though you can't reach the door to close it when its open all the way and you're in the seat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  7. Giles_uk

Giles_uk LawnSite Member

jcb make a lot of loadall/telehandlers with capacity upto 9 tons lift think they can build an arm for these, if it were a US make wouldn't get half the uniformed criticisms they do, although they are designed and manufactured in the states.

ppl dont like change as well, they see different as bad not pioneering :)

8. Digdeep

Agree with your comments; however, a skid steer is a different animal compared to a telehandler... It's life is spent spinning, prying, ramming, cycling, etc. A telehandler lifts stuff to either position it and.....

JCB only just "redesigned" the SSL "in the US". Previously the machines still had European fittings, significant issues regarding parts costs and availability, and a very poor US distribution. They may have rectified the first two; however, their dealer network will take time to fix.

They already rule the worldwide Backhoe market, yet are a bit player here in the US. They are a neat company, but they have struggled in the US for many years. It will be interesting to see how it works out for them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Digdeep

Posted via Mobile Device

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Every Bobcat sales and factory representative will take a competitor's machine and try to highlight the most insignificant weakness and turn it into a propaganda money maker for them, just like ASV did for their patented track system versus the steel and rubber system.
    Everything is just a pissing match now.