New pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by J. Peterson Grading, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed. One of my favorites was that guy in the Bobcat videos that slammed his fingers in the door of the JD and the CAT to prove that you couldn't get a good door seal. I thought the purpose of the rubber seal was to conform and compress to make a good seal????
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

HAHA, I tried that for the first time on my brother's 277C in May, hurt like hell, squeezed my fingers tight, seems the Bobcat idiot did it with the side windows CLOSED and henceforth created pressure inside the cab which doesn't allow the door to slam shut properly, I did it with the side windows OPEN and f*ck me it hurt. :laugh:

My Jeep Wrangler is the same way, I always open the side windows a crack to get the doors to slam shut, just like a Peterbilt truck cab.

3. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

We've been building a big retaining wall over the last couple weeks. Lots of red tape, and hold ups, but we are finally on to the finish rough grade tommorrow. then we get to wait for a concrete crew to put in a sidewalk so we can do the rest of our landscaping install.

J.

UofI 1.jpg

uofi 2.jpg

uofi3.jpg

uofi 4.jpg

uofi 5.jpg

uofi6.jpg

uofi 6.jpg

uofi 7.jpg

4. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

More pics of this project

uofi 8.jpg

uofi 9.jpg

uofi 10.jpg

uofi 11.jpg

uofi 12.jpg

uofi 13.jpg

uofi 14.jpg

5. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good! You been able to keep all your machines running this past summer?

6. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

Its been interesting.

Mostly city/government work. My usual home owner type work has been almost non-existant this year.

J.

7. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

You should def look into a tracked carrier for your work. Just bought a canycom s25a . Try it once and I guarantee you will want one. I'm sure you guys could keep one quite busy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GWhunter

GWhunter LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like your using Allan Blocks there. I can see there inconsistancy is common in your area too. Those damn blocks give me fits. There corner blocks are the worst.

Matt

9. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

Yes, these are allan blocks, and we hate them!!!!!!!

We had the vender out 5 or 6 time to inspect how bad some of the blocks were.

J.

10. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice retaining wall. How do you like the remote control sheepsfoot compactor?

Also, that new dodge contractor dump you got is pretty awesome. Nice purchase.