New PJ 16' Dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by POPO4995, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Once it stops raining....I will cut a 45 degree angle on the top (right & left side) rear boards by the barn doors... so when the tarp is attached above the gate....there won't be a sharp corner from the side rails that could tear the tarp.

And I thought about notching out two or three 2" x 4" x 8' boards to run across the width of the dump trailer. This way the boards would support the tarp when it's attached. Otherwise it just drops down into whatever is in your dump. When caring branches this would cause a problem without the extra support.

Last, I will get two signs made for the rear left and right side of the dump trailer. They would be 26" x 124".....so I have to figure out what to say...without making it too busy where people can't read it why driving.

Always something to do.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Are your tires as wore out as they look in the pic? DOT would **** a chicken about that.

3. Rick13

That's a trick picture....looking at it....the tires do look bald. But they are not...here's a picture minus the rain....the tires have good tread.

I wouldn't pass the safety check...just got the truck and trailer done earlier this month. Don't want a fine...plus sometimes I might be a little heavy caring all that organic compost.

Just need the rain to stop....please! And oh yeah....it might snow here today too! So I guess what I really would want....is better weather!!!

PJ Dump Trailer Siderail 5.jpg

4. Rick13

One picture shows the tire tread with my led back up lights....one per side. Works really well at night.

Second picture shows the rear corners I need to trim....once it stops raining.

PJ Dump Trailer Finished 5.jpg

PJ Dump Trailer Finished 6.jpg