1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New plan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by anythinglawns, May 13, 2002.

1. anythinglawns

anythinglawns LawnSite Member

After much complaining to my wife and some on this board about having a bad season. I have
    almost decided to go back and finish my four year degree. Living fairly close to Tennessee Tech. I
    thought I would look in there catalog to see what they offer. Landscape/Turf Management is one
    of there programs. I already have an associates degree in Quality Management which has
    amounted to zero. The education is nice but my customers don't pay a dime more because I have
    it. Anyway since I have a little more time I am considering following this Landscape / Turf
    program. I am curious is anyone has a similar degree and do you feel that it has helped you any. I know my customers won't care about it either but I still think it will be beneficial. I have decided to quit complaining and start doing something. I love this line of work and always wish to improve. All comments are welcome.
  2. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting landscape/turf mgt certificate on my way to Hort degree. I have already seen benefits. Customer feed back is I know way more than other's they have talked to. They would rather give business to someone that knows something, even if my prices are a little higher. Go for it! Good luck.

3. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

I wish I knew more about plants and lawns and chemicals but my school (GMU) doesn't offer any courses in those fields. I'm not sure if i'm going to stick with the lawn business after college. But I find that telling customers that I'm in college impresses them and helps me make sales.