New! Please help me price this mulching job!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NewLawns, Apr 17, 2013.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I still think you are under by about a thousand dollars. Obviously you are in an area where either the market is weak or other landscapers are driving down prices. I see it like this..
    Mulch cost+Labor+markup+Delivery=$3500
    Rock and delivery=$110
    Edging and spraying around trees=$600
    Grass Killer=$100
    Final Cleanup=$100

Total $5130

Thats where my prices would be at. And did he mention the coupon or not? If not, then no discount. Sounds like a large property too. May way to rent a front end loader to help out and that means rental and fuel costs, but reduced overall labor time. Good luck
  2. Classic cuts

Classic cuts LawnSite Member

^^^ Im with him. For a nightmare of a job like that your gonna want to have plenty of labor in there. Weeding is a pain in the asss and moving stone around by hand is not easy especially stones like riverbed rock, etc. Use a tractor or skidsteer if possible to save time.
  3. themaintenanceman

themaintenanceman LawnSite Member

Where you at in pa? This isnt your customer.....Remember...they want great service and order for you to provide them with that.....they must pay a life sustaining wage! Im in pa as well(southwest). I would just shake this mans hand and tell him to flag down a couple of people working out of there pickup....good luck and stand your too many jobs @ this price and you will be searching for a new job....