New Plow Part 2

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by wriken, Oct 11, 2004.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I was'nt happy with the plow mouting the local dealer did so I too it back and they corrected it. I have it all ready for the upcoming plowing season. I wish I would have got some of that wire loom stuff for the wire job. I may make a reese hitch setup for the spreader.

Blizzard 810, ready for snow 001.jpg

Blizzard 810, ready for snow 002.jpg

Blizzard 810, ready for snow 003.jpg

2. wriken

Can't wait till snow. :blob3:

Blizzard 810, ready for snow 005.jpg

Blizzard 810, ready for snow 006.jpg

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris LawnSite Member

Nice setup. I like those lights in the back bumper! :waving:

4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, thats cool! That almost makes me wish we got enough snow around here to buy something like that!

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah, did you cut those out yourself? Or did a shop do that for you?

6. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

Can i ask how you mounted the light switches in the truck and what gas tank that is on the bed?

7. wriken

My son in law did the wiring and light cutout work.

8. wriken

The switch box and spreader control is mounted in a 2 tier pedestal mount from Gall, you can get more tier ones. There are 5 switches,(each protected by a 20 amp fuse) in the control box, 1 for the strobe, left ally, right alley, back bumper lights, the last is power to the diesel fuel pump. The tank is a 100 gal, I use for fuel for the trucks.

9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

sweet!!! Mine's going to look exactly the same when its done.. Only Western Plow and Western salter..

I'm having a buddy mount the light controls on my dash. Salter control is going to go up against the seat in the middle. I like the bumper lights, I'm want to have the same thing done, just looking for someone I trust enough to cut out my bumper.

up to 46 residentials and 9 commercials.. BRING ON THE SNOW! :drinkup: and get lots of :sleeping: first!

10. wriken

we were going to use a 2.5" hole saw, but that was'nt getting it, he had torched out his on a 92 f-250, but on his he did'nt have a template. So I got the lights, and rubber seal/holders, and bought 1 mounting plate for this kind of light, then he outlined it and torched it and finished it with a 4" grinder. Looks good. :)