1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Plow Truck Ram 2500

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawns by design, Jan 3, 2013.

1. lawns by design

lawns by design LawnSite Member

Hey tonight i bought my first ram 2001 2500 edition . I would like to know what are some things i should watch out for with theses trucks . It just had a plow put on it this year and runs strong i had machines check it out. Just wanted to know if anyone knew any information for me. Has 143000 on it doesn't even have a hitch on it, I will have to put one on it but that is a good thing shows it hasn't been towed with .
  2. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

Is it a cummins?
  3. lawns by design

Hey sorry should of put that it is not it has 5.9 v8
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

LOVES the fuel!
  5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, but it's great if your going to be working the truck.
  6. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I'm not a big MoPar man so I could be completely out in left field, but weren't those trucks known for having transmission problems?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your truck! Any pics?
  8. tdifonzo

tdifonzo LawnSite Member

I used to own a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 that I used to plow with as well,when I lived in New Jersey. I bought it new with a Meyers plow. The 5.9 liter was a strong motor but it did like the fuel. But you can do ok if you go easy on the gas peddle. I had an earlier 97 that did have transmission problems butI think Dodge had that figured out by 2001. I did have to replace the steering box at about 33,000 miles because of a little play in it. I think the plowing caused that. Other than that the truck was very reliable and a work horse. Good luck with yours!
  9. lawns by design

Yes I put one on my main page check it let me know
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. lawns by design

Thanks for all your words how many miles did you put on yours ? I'm hearing some noise when I hit the gas coming from rear I think differential is low ? Also my 4x4 light blinks on and off but it is not in 4 wheel and when light goes on to me seems like truck is trying to engage in 4 when it comes on and off any ideas ?
    Posted via Mobile Device