1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Ok Ive never plowed but I am serious about getting one, my question is which one. As a long time poster from the lawn mowing side I know the vast knowledge that is contained here on thie board.
    I have found only two brands that are close enough to consider the others are over 3 hours away.
    The brands are Heiniker and meyers.
    Being that I dont know diddly about plows may I have some comments please.
    Like I said these are the only ones that are carried with in an hour and half drive.
    Thanks Jim
  2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Well given the fact that those are probably the two brands that no I would not normally recommend, given these are you only options, I would suggest the meyer plow. In your limited amount of services needed, it should last a long time, and parts will be easier to come by.
  3. NEAL

NEAL LawnSite Member
    from WI

Go with the meyer.

4. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

My choice out of those two would be the Meyer.
  5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Meyer,but keep a spare motor,and trip spring ahndy,especially the trip spring.
  6. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

Another vote for Meyer- they will most likely be the easiest of the two to find parts for when you need them.

Also another vote for spare trip springs.
  7. john r

john r LawnSite Member

Somtimes a little extra ride is worth it in the longrun. Don't sacrifice quality for time.
  8. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

We plow with a Hiniker, it works just fine. The new C Plow looks neat. Would help /w backdragging. Check it out at their website.
  9. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Of the two I would recommend the Meyer.
  10. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Grudgingly.... I too would choose the Meyer, if those are your only two options.....