New Plugr has landed!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ilovethisgame, Apr 21, 2003.

1. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

Pulled my new PL400H outta the box Friday. Just areated my lawn w/ the weather break today and I must say I've never seen so many plugs! And for some reason my forearms and back don't have that Ryan lawaire feeling. The ad's and pics don't do them enough justice.

-Dave

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome machines arent they? I love mine too. Just wish they would make a much bigger one, or one for towing behind my lazer for the larger lawns I have.

3. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Is the Plugr self propelled? Do you steer it, or just push on it like a 21 inch mower?

Thanks, Clay

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Clay,

The action of the cam driving the tines in the ground makes it self propelled. Although if going up a hill or grade you might have to push some to keep it going.

5. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

I just bought the PL800 about a month ago. After demoing it I really liked it exceprt that it was alittle hard to turn around in the grass. They say it's like using a 21" mower and it is untill you have to spin it around 180 cuz it weighs a lot more. So the day I brought mine home I cut the front of the frame off got out the welder and fabricated a caster front end. Here's a couple pics. Kinda dark though.

dsc01629.jpg

6. LawnCrafters

I made them with greaseable kingpins with brass bushings like a mower and 8" pneumatic wheels.
    And yes it is A LOT easier to turn in grass. I was a little unsure about cutting up a $3000 machine that I'd only had for an hour, but after I did it I couldn't have been happier with the results.

dsc01630.jpg

7. ilovethisgame

ilovethisgame LawnSite Member

Wow, LawnCrafters you area far braver than I. You should forward that pic to RockSolid.

-Dave

8. LawnCrafters

Maybe I should patent it first;)

9. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

DANG Skippy!! Dont just give up that idea without getting your name on it.

:eek::p

10. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

I love my Plugr too. ine is big it fits to the front of my Walker and is 48in wide...I do as much in 2 hours as I did in a day with the Ryan....And not tired at all (the perferator for the Walker is made by Rock Solid)