new pondless

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by dzs1945, Sep 22, 2005.

1. dzs1945

dzs1945 LawnSite Member

first one, pic taken a few weeks later. not finished yet

matt pond brielle.JPG

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

How old is your daughter? Mines about the same age and she won't go near any sort of cold water. :)

Pond looks good.

3. Nice pond , but I like the tractor holding the volley ball net better.

4. Sasquatch52

Sasquatch52 LawnSite Member

How exactly do those work? That looks just like a normal pond.

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

That looks very well done!I like how you made it to look like it was actually flowing from somewhere,I think that is a shallow pond waterfall rather than a pondless waterfall.It looks great I commend you on your design and positioning and use of the rock.and the wood.I like this one!!

6. dzs1945

dzs1945 LawnSite Member

Hi again. Its my son and grandaughter, she is 2 years old. Don't know how she found the place to take a dip. We now have about 10 lbs barley straw stuffed in a mesh bag right under the falls. After about 5-6 weeks hardly any algea, maybe a coincendence.
    The stand pipe is "planted" about 16 in down. I want to saw it off and maybe plant a lily in there and raise the water level about 3 in above stone.
    The black thing on the right is a sump well which has the pump inside. The water is pumped through the 3 in hose on the the 1000 lb rock. At the end on the hose is a 4 outlet manifold the even the water out. Lots of ideas that didn't turn out so hot. The plants don't seem to do very well. Any questions?
    daniel

pondlesssssss.JPG

7. dzs1945

dzs1945 LawnSite Member

This is our real job, seeding lawns. We seeded the lawn about 4 weeks ago.
    daniel

the house in the background has 2 people living in it!

dout lawn.JPG

8. dzs1945

dzs1945 LawnSite Member

front of house.
    daniel

dout house (10).JPG

9. dzs1945

dzs1945 LawnSite Member

thats me on the loader tractor. I think I had my seat belt on!
    daniel
    grass came in real well, I don't know how they will mow it. I told our men to tell them about New Holland Sales where they sell goats!
    daniel

tractor on hill.JPG

10. Landis Scaping

Landis Scaping LawnSite Member

I like your equipment.I would like to instale lawns.Would you recommend A power rake for all your lawn prep.