1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Post Card Design Input Please

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lech615, Dec 11, 2001.

1. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

That is a real clever idea for a post card!! I got a chuckle when I read it. Good job and I would move the mowing to #1 also.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes, I have to admit that I got a little smile on my face after reading it also.......good idea!

INTEGRITY LAWN LawnSite Member

Incredibly clever! Fantastic job. Your wife deserves a promotion! You said you got a great printing price. Would this vendor/store do out of state jobs? Can you find out? Also where do you go to make a postcard? How did you make this? Is there perhaps any websites? Let us know how it goes!:D

God Bless,
  4. Lech615

Lech615 LawnSite Member

My wife works for a company as their art director. She made it using a program called quark express. the reason we got such a great deal is that she used the printer who handle sher company's printing. They use the printer a lot so as a favor they cut me a deal and did my biz cards for nothing.
  5. C-VINAS

C-VINAS LawnSite Member

At first, I did not know whet this ad had to do with Landscaping but then I finished reading it and I had to share it with my wife. We think it is a fantastic idea. I am starting my business this April after I was laid off from Motorola in March of 2001. I decided to use my previous 7 years of landscaping experience but I have no advertising experience, do you think your wife can give me some ideas. I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :blob2:
  6. Lech615

Lech615 LawnSite Member

When you advertise your company, choose a name that will be easily remembered or a tag line "if you can grow it, Iken mow it" that will help them remember you. I recommend using your last name as a biz name ( Mine is Iken). It will make it more personal and give people more confidence in you. After all you are putting your name on it. As for actual advertising, just do not over extend yourself. Be as honest and up front as possible and do not get in over your head. Start out with just mowing and maybe a few extras. Work your way up to offering more services. The important thing is to get your name out there. Do not expect to be an over night 100+ accounts. Hope this helps.