1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Post-it-Note

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MrTim, Apr 4, 2007.

1. MrTim

MrTim LawnSite Member

Another new guy here. I've been doing my own rental property lawns for 2 seasons and am ready to expand to full time. Equipment as follows......

-48" Toro Walk behind

-Echo Backpack Blower

-Echo Trimmer

-21" Toro

-14" open landscape trailer

My first attack at marketing will be 4000 post-it-notes stuck on doors in a very confined area surrounding my 5 rental units. Most of the homes have 1/5acre lots with no fences and very few obstacles. My goal is to get several accounts within a few blocks of each property.

Can I get some critique on my flyer????

Tim in MN

2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I would get rid of the reel mower and put in a picture of a tree or a landscape.
    For the free spring clean up, what if someone has yard that has not been cleaned up for years?
  3. MrTim

MrTim LawnSite Member

How's this?
  4. MrTim

MrTim LawnSite Member

Second Try

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You don't need a tree there, you aren't advertising tree service.
  6. kevin11946ny

kevin11946ny LawnSite Member

I also put most small yards start at $25 but i defintiely wouldnt offer to do a free clean up the clean ups are usually hard work and id charge atleast $100-200 for a cleanup.

$25 start is good to get attention and then charge them extra $5-10 for offering weedbacking and blowing.
  7. kevin11946ny

kevin11946ny LawnSite Member

i hope you didnt already print out 4000 of these though i would never offer to do a cleanup for free.
  8. cranium2001

cranium2001 LawnSite Member

Maybe you should change free spring clean ups to discounted or just spring and fall clean ups available or just list the services you want to provide.
  9. MrTim

MrTim LawnSite Member

I really don't want to do the up-sell thing and I sure don't want to low-ball either. I'm looking to extend a great incentive to get a customer for life. I was figuring a quick Spring (not Fall) cleanup would be around $50. Isn't that the same as 5% or 10% off for the season?

These lots are quick. I'm in and out in 15-20 minutes.
  10. cranium2001

cranium2001 LawnSite Member

That would be equal to one or two mows as far as dollar amounts. People are brutal and want everything for nothing so I can see where you are going with this. However, for every brutal customer there is a good one out there that just wants a good job done too. Sell your service, do a good job, and the phone will ring. Word of mouth, friends, family, families friends, and patience really help.