1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Pressure Washer have a few ?'s

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by stansoph, May 26, 2012.

1. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

I got a new washer---Honda GX390 13hp with a Comet AW K-4040 pump. Machine is rated for 4K psi and 4.0gpm.

I bought a 4k-5k psi turbo nozzle $100 so it is a good unit. I have an older turbo nozzle that is either 2500 or 3000psi.

Pump has an unloader and variable pressure. Can I run the smaller nozzle at full pressure? Do I need to adjust the pressure for the smaller nozzle? Should I not run the smaller nozzle at all?

I briefly ran the smaller nozzle while washing my driveway and it cleaned well and used a lot less water in the process---the other nozzle works great but it uses a ton of water.

Any thought or ideas? Pump doesnt have a pressure gauge---any rec's for a good one?

Thanks

2. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

In addition to the above post--I am a LCO and use this for washing my mowers, etc. The only reason I got this big of a machine was it was only $300. more than the Honda GX200 at 2500psi and 3.0 gpm.

Bigger is better, right?

3. Doug Rucker

Doug Rucker LawnSite Member

My Advice is call Paul at powerwashstore.com and ask him. 855.351.9274 He will guide you in the right direction.