1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Printer, Fax. Copier, Scanner

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Harvestman, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I'm looking to buy one of the all in one Machines. Printer, fax, copier,scanner. I've got my eye on 2 different ones. A HP G-85 for $499.00 Or a brother ( cant rem. Model #) for $299. Anybody have any experience with either of these models or have any recomendations.(other models) Thanks harvestman
  2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I have a HP K60 just an older model of the HP you are looking at. Only complaint is that I wish I had a flatbed scanner-can't really copy and scan anything but flat sheets of 8x11 paper otherwise it has been excellent and problem-free.
  3. i have an older HP R-80.....love it! Never had anything HP that I didn't like......
  4. DMAN

DMAN LawnSite Member

I just purchased a g85 last year and this combo set-up is absolutely great!! The machine is so versitaile for all small office needs. The flat bed scanning is something that you will not be soorry about. The speed of the printing is fast compared to a standard inkjet printer. I can't imagine how i would be able to invoice on quickbooks without it. I give it two thumbs up!! I just saw that they came out with a model that is better than the g85 this month in office max (all-in-one,print,scan,fax,copy) and it is around the same price as the g85, you might want to check it out.Can't remember model # though. I paid 600 for my g85 last year and i see they dropped a 100 off this year oh well. Make sure you have room to put the g85 as it takes up some real estate in the office. Good luck.

5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Sharp AJ-5030. It's a good printer, and does a lot of stuff, but is not as easy for non-techies to use. It was $250. I wanted the Lexmark X73 (Wal-Mart has them for $149) but they sell out as fast as they get stocked. This seems to be an awesome machine.

I recommend that you check into the cost of ink cartridges/toner for these. Don't compare just the price, look at how much each cartridge holds.

BTW, I don't know if they still do, but HP used to offer some kind of loaner program while things were repaired in warranty.
  6. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member

7. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

Last Fall I purchased the Brother DCP 1200, including flatbed and sheetfed scanner (600x600 Color) and a 12PPM B&W Laser Printer, this was about $400 but price has since come down.

What i learned from this purchase is to look closely into the scanning quality and speed. This particular model takes a good amount of time for just a 600x scan in color. But to make copies its great, scans high resolution B&W in a second and prints.

Just look for all the features you want, and more than just if it has the feature.

Definately recomend laser though, especialy if you are doing billing with this computer
  8. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i just purchased an hp officejet d135 myself, its an awesome machine.. I paid like $550 for it, well worth it...
  9. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Hey guys. What are to pros and cons of a lazer vs inkjet printer?
  10. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

d135 here, too. And I recemmend it highly.

A Laser will not be an all-in one machine.
    A laser will print cheaper per copy.
    A laser will only print black. (unless you spend the big $)
    A laser will print faster. (Although the new inkjets are fast)