New Product called Holganix. Can someone confirm.

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by replenish&subdue, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I agree, and this is where I have a real issue with the marketing. The following is cut and pasted from the website that Ant linked above....how do you claim the following and then put all of the above chemicals in the program.

"All other plant and lawn care companies claim to be safe for the environment, although they continue to fertilize using traditional chemical based products and synthetic pesticides. Holganix™ has developed and uses its own proprietary Natural Organic fertilizer that is not "Man Made" and in most cases is a food grade edible product that feeds your plants and lawn naturally. This system creates a balance between urban environments and Mother Nature"

Just sayin....

3. rhartogs

rhartogs LawnSite Member

Hello Forum,

as a homeowner and yard enthusiast (not a business owner), I signed up today to post this reply.

I have started using Holganix this year, and if you all are interested, I can post my experience with the product as time goes on.

After years of unsuccessfully messing around with various organic products (primarily corn gluten meal) with even more varying results, I decided to contract a local company to apply Holganix to my 0.3acre patch, four times a year.

I agree with you all on the hyped-up marketing speak: it did not really convince me much either. But they pointed me to a local shopping center where they have been taking care of the grass with Holganix, and it looks beautiful. Since the (introduction) price of the contract was about the same per year as what I had been buying and spreading myself, I decided to give it a try.

Results so far:
    The first application in April successfully killed all the dandelions and they have not come back. A second application was done last week. Keeping my fingers crossed I will have less/no crab-grass this year.

Let me know if I should continue posting.
    Otherwise, feel free to boot me off this forum.

Green greetings,

Ruben

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

rhartogs take some pics of your lawn and let us see how well things r going.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Agreed....Pictures can speak volumes.

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Ummm, not much info on the website ant posted a link to. It must really be "top secret".

7. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

oh well no pics yet
    maby some will come soon

8. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not holding my breath on those pics Dusty. Maybe he had crabgrass breakthru! Haha. The general public seem to act like lemmings when it comes to lawn care marketing. I can't believe people won't do research and look into things before they spend their money. Darwin was dead wrong, society is getting dumber.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

anyone? ? ?

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Smart people think too much before having children.