New Product Changes

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by River Hill, Jul 8, 2003.

1. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

Can you give us any heads up and or information on the product changes and additions Exmark plans on adding in October or November?

Also I have always used a Exmark Turf Tracer HP 48" with a Kaw. 17HP. I have tried the mulch kit back in 1999 on it and was not happy with the results becuase of the thick spring grasses and how slow I had to go, but did love the fact I did not blow grass in the plant beds. I currently own a 2002 TTHP 48" 17 Kaw with ECS

Do you think a Truf Tracer 52" would do a better job at mulching or maybe ever a Lazer HP 52"? I might just wait and see what you new product offering are. I am in the Maryland and mostly cut fescue.

I do cut many property's that are overloaded with Nitrogen and they get cut weekly, so i am sure that is half my problem. I know when I used the mulch kit on my yard and cut it every 4 days it looked great. I just can't get my customers to let me cut them every 4 days.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The mulch kits are still the same basic design. Your still going to see similar results in the spring in your region. During spring the grass is tender, lush, growing fast and is loaded with moisture. Once you get into late spring or early summer your probably going to love the mulch kit.

The 52" will mulch better than the 48" just like the 60" will mulch better than the 52" and so on. The bigger the deck the better the mulching quality. You will find however that in certain conditions the smaller decks will run with the big boys but not always.

For your region I'd recommend jumping up to the full size Turf Tracer. The TThp will mulch the majority of the lawns in this region just fine. If the majority your lawns are irrigated and juiced up on nitrogen you may want the added power of the Turf Tracer or the Lazer HP. If your really concerned about the power to mulch and to mulch tall thick lush grass the full size Lazer with a little more power and a deeper deck would also be a good choice.

Don't give up on the mulch kit. It has its place and during the right part of your mowing season it can be an extremely valuable tool.

As far as product changes for October and November are concerned. I guess we'll all haft wait and see.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

A Full Size Turf tracer With the DEEPER ULTRACUT Deck And the 200LB Clutch With the 23 Kohler Will Do Alot Better Then What You Have Now. But spring Can Be Wet.