New product....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sweet Tater, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

2. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a decent way to destroy the drive motors on my Z and tear the crap out of lawns.
  3. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

yup doesnt look that great what happens if you hit a rock? kinda looks like it would just bend those little spikes
  4. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with the others.if your gonna aerate,you need an aerator,not an trying to aerate with those things you put on your shoes.
  5. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good, but whats the point of aerating if you're not core aerating? Bet they'd be good in the winter though...
  6. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Watching that brings back flashes of "Mad Max" into my head.

Interesting product for the home owners, till you have to go across the side walk or driveway.

I dont know the price but I cant imagine them being that much cheaper then just getting one of those cheaper home owner aerators designed to be pulled behind a home owner mower.
  7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

And that PIECE was on HGTV. No more credability for HGTV.
  8. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the purpose of aerating was to loosen the soil which stimulates root growth. That's what those plugs of dirt are from.

I'm surprised HGTV did this.
  9. montiac30

montiac30 LawnSite Member

It's the DIY network not HGTV.Most diy shows are homeowner based and usually give bad information.
  10. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

After viewing the clip at the above link; I looked at the related clips on the right. The 3rd one down says HGTV. (unless i can't read or lost my mind in the last few days.)