New Project #2

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Apr 2, 2008.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Here are some overview pictures of the job I just picked up as a result of a recent article in the paper:

It includes a full boathouse interior and exterior system, a full residence interior and exterior system, and a full outdoor landscape system.

Happy day!

IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7028.JPG

IMG_7029.JPG

IMG_7031.JPG

IMG_7036.JPG

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, what a fun project that will be. Good for you James.

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

James- It looks like times are good up north. good luck with both projects in your threads ! O Canada !

4. sprinkler guy

sprinkler guy LawnSite Member

Looks like it it will be an awesome project. How long will something like this take James? I know you've mentioned in the past you have one full time guy besides yourself, but that still sounds like a lot of work for two dudes. A lot of fun work, but a lot none the less.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Sean, on interior projects I do a design, spec. and quote and then contract it with the client. In that I allocate man-hours per fixture installed. Much the same as most of us do with outdoor lighitng.

In any case, there are a LOT of variables on an integrated project such as this. There will be at least a couple of hundred man hours on the interior installation alone. Lots of co-ordination between trades too. Sometimes the trips to site and project manangment hours can get out of hand, but there is a clause in my contract to handle that. As the days get longer here so do the hours we work.... 80 hour work weeks are not unheard of throughout the summer for me.

Integrated projects are a big challenge, but the results are awesome... being able to extend your vision and creativity throughout a project and extending it into the landscape is fun and rewarding.

6. moonlighting

moonlighting LawnSite Member

Wow, what a fantastic project James... you were not kidding when you said you had a ton on the books this season! have fun with this one.

jason

moonLIGHTINGoutdoorLOGO.jpg

7. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

80 hour work weeks are not unheard of throughout the summer for me.

Does this mean you won't be spending time here (I hope)?:dancing:

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Bringing up a classic here, but did you ever finish this job James??

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Ryan, believe it or not this job is just in the final stages of interior trim! The client has made a lot of changes including changing all of the interior walls and ceiling trim to a custom milled, wide board, antique willow. We are just waiting for them to finish the ceilings and then will be in to install lamps and trims. They should be moving in by June or so. The lanscape lighitng has yet to be designed and will probably be a July project.

I will be sure to take photos when this one is done.

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

wow! Good times there. Some people change their mind way to much. I bet it is fantastic looking tho. Cant wait to see.