new project...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by shethinksmytractors_sexy, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shethinksmytractors_sexy

shethinksmytractors_sexy LawnSite Member

this is my next project on the list, i just started tearing the fence down yesterday. i will be replacing the old timber walls with segmented block. i will be using flat-faced cornerstone(buff) for this wall. there will be steps at the far end and there are 2 more walls in the back that are unable to see in the pics. i will be on vacation for a couple days but will start excavating next wed. she also wants new plants in between the walls but unsure about what we are doing there for now, and maybe a paver patio will be installed!!!!! i will post pics as the project goes.......

this yard is messy but it will look great when complete...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

how are you going to drain rain water away from the pool area?

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Its July that pool should be open, but Im sure your glad it isnt. I cant believe that old wall is standing.

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a pita, you will have to work from upper side. meaning handing down all block, filling from above, etc.
    mike

5. shethinksmytractors_sexy

i will have 2 drains for water behind the wall. shouldnt be a big deal. yea sucks the pool isnt open but good for me bc i wont worry about having to clean it everyday, and yea abunch of handwork from handing down all the block. but atleast its not a tall wall so it wont be too bad.

6. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Dude just get yourself a mini ex and swing those puppies into place.

7. cooltype

cooltype LawnSite Member

phone picture. about to start laying block on that dirt after we compact it. an engineer said the dirt wasnt right so we cussed him out. we are going to build it anyways

tdubb.jpg

8. shethinksmytractors_sexy

hahahaha

thats a good pic

9. shethinksmytractors_sexy

10. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

Engineer said dirt wasn't right? Your gonna set your block straight on the soil? That's idiotic if its true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.