New Purcha$$$es what are yours?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FERT-TEK, Nov 11, 2003.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, just trying to contribute to the forum by posting some of my new purchases. First of all some of you might say why completely overhaul my business with all new equipment. I have been in business for about fourteen years and most of my current equipment is about 8 years old, so I thought about treating myself to some new equipment. First, what I sold is a 6 year old Great Dane Surfer and Grass Gobbler for $2850. I am also selling an ECHO PB 6000 backpack blower and ECHO SRM 3800 line trimmer (not sold yet). Now for the new purchases, I bought a 2004 Toro Z-500 (with filter minder and striping kit) I also bought the large Accelerator baggerat the same time for $8200 and some change. I also purchased the three place trimmer-trap and backpack bracket for about $180 total. I used to lay my equipment on the trailer floor but the new mower takes up too much room and I didnt want to damage them. I also bought a new ECHO PB 750 and an ECHO SRM 260s. An now for the grand finale I also bought a gator-ator for spring aerations. Unfortunately, mowing season in the Chicago area is almost over except for fall cleanups and a little more leaves on the ground. I feel like a kid at Christmas time who cant open his presents till spring. This is going to be a long off season for sure. Fortunately I have Lawn-site to lean on when I get bored. My fiance thinks I am having an affair through the computer because of how much time I spend on it. If she only knew!!!
    Keep those great posts coming!!:D :drinkup:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious as to why you didn't wait until the spring to make your purchases? I would have put that money in the bank until then...

3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

My most recent purchase was a Redmax eb7001rh blower. Will be purchasing an Exmark 48"tthp or gravely 1548 w/b pretty soon.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

this year i bought a few things.

shin t-230 trimmer
    shin dt-22 hedger
    echo 750t bp blower

my "buy list" for next year
    f250
    Gravely 260z
    trading my 50" gravely WB for a PRO H Steer 48"
    EZ-dump insert.

5. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

FLC Dave,

WOW! Looks like business has been good for you!
    I plan to purchase a new blower in the spring.
    A new bagging system for my Scag 48" walk-behind. (Not sure on this yet.)

Plus a few gadgets.
    A trimming and edging guide called "The Edgit."
    A new pull behind aerator/plugger from GPC Metal Products.

One more fall clean up and I am done for the season!!

:blob3: :blob3: :blob3: !!!!
    Craig

6. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Rodfather, I found some good pricing on most of the equipment I bought.

7. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Now IS the time to buy if you've got the cash.There are some good deals out there.

8. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I just got this today 10HP. I also got this year a lesco leaf loader 16HP

my pictures.jpg

9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

-2003 Mits Fuso. FESP
    -Perma Green Ride On Ultra
    -Brown Bed Edger

10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Definitly planning on adding a new dump trailer for the 04 season. Meand my guys are getting little tired of scooping mulch out of a standard landscape trailer. I would buy a dump truck but one new $40,000 truck this year was enough. Id rather buy a 6,000 dump trailer and have one less insurance payment and be able to dosconect it front a truck and keep it on clients property when need be. Will the spending ever stop?:dizzy: