New Purchase gone wrong

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wacaweed, Oct 19, 2007.

1. wacaweed

wacaweed LawnSite Member

Well Lesco said there bagging system was on backorder and the ones they did find were returned because they were crap..............So I went with the Peco bagger, Please tell me It is woth the money :hammerhead:

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I would never own another Peco collection unit.

3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

over prices ana waste of money!! sO SORRY FOR YA!

4. wacaweed

wacaweed LawnSite Member

so explain the problems you all had with them

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I read this and decided I couldn't leave this thread without speaking my mind.

In my absolute honest opinion, I think pretty much all collection systems are a money pit.

They all seem to cost a fortune, and none of them seem all that durable.
    Spend plenty new and spend plenty in upkeep.

On a side note, were you aware there are I think 4 collection units for the Ztwo?
    The Peco and another hopper type collector... and the old 3 bagger that some didn't like and the brand new 3 bagger.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 3 Hasty Vac clamshell type collection systems and like them on our Z's

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

It was too heavy, took two guys to mount. It sets too high on the mower, you catch all the low limbs and damage the unit. Plus, the one I had used a 6 HP motor to run the blower. Lots of extra weight on the mower.

8. jdlen

jdlen LawnSite Member

I'd look at the Protero for the simple fact they have a deck driven blower instead of another engine. Only aftermarket system I know of with thier own blower outside of OEM.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, that's it.... Protero is the "other" hopper type collector I couldn't think of in post #5

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Then there is 3 including Hasty Vac that I have on our Z's (10 or 11 bushel) I believe.