1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Purchase Tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flattoplawncare, Apr 10, 2008.

1. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I am going to purchase the Redmax 8001 tomorrow for $499.00, I think its the right one for me. I do allot of spring cleanups and fall cleanups and right now i have managed with my old mower 48" Scag with a bagger and a hand held echo blower. I have read good things about it and i hope that it will do me good and save time.
    Any comments are appreciated, I will post pics when i get it.
  2. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

we got a EB7001 and we love it... so much power its great. your going to love it over that handheld.
  3. flattoplawncare

does it blow old leafs out of bushes good? what about snow? what have you tried to move with it?
  4. AWR

AWR LawnSite Member

thats all we use...they are unbleivable...
    just one word of advise..when you are blowing out beds against the house becareful; not to melt the vinal siding.seen it done one to many times:dizzy:
  5. flattoplawncare

Are you serious? How long does it take to do that?
  6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

8001 Rules !!!
  7. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

Great blower and wow @ that price. I can only sell the husky equivalent for $529 and when the redmax dist. approached us about the line they wanted us to sell the 8001 for $549 as their promo price. Needless to say we said no cause it would have been higher priced to the customer and lower margin for us so a lose lose for both the customer and the dealer,.
  8. flattoplawncare

Yes i have called many places, and everyone is about 560 - 599
  9. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

For Zooropa----NO DISTR can tell you what to price your product for. if you want to stand out in teh middle of teh street and give them away thats your choice--they can't legally even talk about selling price--they can only talk about what you pay them.