new purchase

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mikesjumpingin, May 3, 2003.

1. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

I am new to lawncare and I love it, and I just wanted to say that I really like my 48" metro hp. I've greesed it a little and made adjustments after about 8 hours of operation, and I'm about to go out and clean under it...

I have a question: the owner's manual doesn't mention "points" or locations where I should lift the deck. I'll just use common sense today, but is there an ideal/safe way to get it up with a car jack?

Also, how about tie-down points for trailering? Any recommendations or suggestions for best practices?

Thanks, Mike.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mike,

Congratulations and welcome to the Exmark family.

As far as tie down locations I use the square tubing on the front frame and simply wrap the strap around it rather than hooking to it. On the rear I usually hook the spacer/bolt that holds the protective plates at the transmission output pulley. The deck pins also work good on the floating decks as well. You should be okay hooking anywhere as long as youÂ’re not interfering with the control linkages.

As far as getting under the machine, I don't usually use a jack at all. You can either push down the handlebars and have someone slide a "jack stand" under the front or your can simply lift the front by hand and slide the jack stand in place. Be sure to lock the parking brake and block the tires however anytime you have the mower up in the air. Also it kinda goes without saying. Make sure the mower is off and the key removed.

Thanks

Terry