new purchases

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mms34, Apr 4, 2002.

1. mms34

mms34 LawnSite Member

i wish i would have known in the past the diffrence between "homeowner" and "commercial" eqipment. i just moved up from a troybilt widecut to an exmark 32, from a craftsman weedwacker to a shindaiwa T230, and from a poulan pro handheld blower to a shindaiwa EB630. these purchases have cut down time tremendously. has anyone ever enjoyed owning a troybilt widecut mower? that thing is a piece. anyways, i was just excited about the new purchases. i guess the grass is greener on the other side.

2. macdaddy

macdaddy LawnSite Member
    from MD

I used to mow with a Troy Built wide cut also. I got it the first year it was available with a side discharge chute thinking that it was the best thing around. But it was junk. So many things broke it will be hard to remember them all but the big ones were the engine and a part in the transmission. Other problems included the need to clean the carb. every week and after the new engine was installed it spilled gas when tilted back. The only thing that saved me was that it has a 7 year warranty, so all repairs were covered under warranty. I hope other troy built products are better than the wide cut. I would definitely recommend you stick with your 21” until you can move up a a commercial 36” walk behind. Yes the grass is green when you sell your troy built. Just sucks for the guy who buys it.