New PW Business

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by willretire@40, Jun 25, 2011.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

So I have been thinking of starting a PW business. I joined Ptstate but waiting to be approved to post over there.

I am looking at starting out doing Vinyl Siding homes only and upselling decks and fences. I am not looking for commercial work at all for the first year atleast.

I looked at a 13hp 4 gpm belt drive honda machine at a local dealer. Price is $1695. Will this machine be good enough? Also with this type of machine how long can I expect it to take me to clean a 2k sq ft 2 story siding house. Around here people are advertising a job like that between $150-$189.

2. Everett Abrams

Everett Abrams LawnSite Member

That machine is fine for residential washing and the belt drive will hold up longer. One way to price homes is $1 per linear ft./per floor.

Example:

If a house is 30' on each side and 60' across the front and back that would be 180 linear ft.

1 story home - 180' x $1 = $180
    2 story home - 180' x $2 = $360

Add additional $ for roof work, dormers, gutters, etc.
    This is merely a guide to start with. Some folks have a minimum job amount and won't clean a house for less that $200. Some people charge by the hour and use tools like x-jets to reduce cleaning time and will charge less. Hope that helps a little bit.