new question , same problem

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by midlandlawncare, Aug 2, 2005.

1. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

I posted here about a week ago , with the problem of severe grass clumping , etc.My dealer was a little slow at responding but he now says he has a template from hustler , to enlarge the deck opening and this should help, I spoke with the tech staff at hustler and they suggested this as well as higher lift blades , and maybe a pulley they offer to speed up the blades even further , great, except one thing , I know i won't have to pay for the deck opening , but I don't think I should have to pay for a set of high lifts , I spent $7200 on my 52/24 mini z and the blades on it are crap. they are flat but they are not fusions ,and they have very little lift , there has not been a single yard that i have not had to double cut, and yes i have nice yards , I 'm not cutting pastures . I do not expect my dealer to give me free blades , but it would be nice if Hustler would send me some or reimburse my dealer , I don't expect this always , but it would be nice to have a useful set of blades on a new mower. and yes i still like hustler , and there people are great , so I hope you can help me out. Thank you :help:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Get me your information via e-mail and I will see what can be done.

Pj

3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Double blades would help. The deck cut out will surely help some as well. Have you had the mower checked to make sure the RPM's are correct? Mine would back off throttle until I adjusted the cable. I don't think highlifts will make any significant difference. Are the lawns damp, this will really magnify the clumping.

I wish you luck.

4. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

Yes . here in georgia the grass has been wet for a while, but it is bad that it has to be bone dry to cut like i expect. When the deck gets cut out this week and hopefully get some better blades i will post a reply and let you all know what happens , ...... I just cut two 3 acre yards over today because i had to let the clumps i left, dry out. I don't have the time to be double or triple cutting 6 acres. :realmad:

5. image1

image1 LawnSite Member

Should have spent the more money and got an exmark it clumps a little when its soaking wet we run over it again after we finish everything else and looks great its been raining in griffin and barnesville every day we cut lamar emc tonight and no clumps in the rain.its biweekly to.

6. image1

image1 LawnSite Member

Should have spent the more money and got an exmark it clumps a little when its soaking wet we run over it again after we finish everything else and looks great its been raining in griffin and barnesville every day we cut lamar emc tonight and no clumps in the rain.its biweekly to.