1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Quick 36, or used diff w/b?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by drewskee032, Jan 4, 2007.

1. drewskee032

drewskee032 LawnSite Member

I don't want to spend more than $2,500 on a w/b but I do want a w/b. I was wondering what you guys think...should I get a used eXmark, Lesco, or something else like that? Or should i get a new Quick 36 w/b? Lets say I mow about 10-15 lawns a week, what would you guys get?

2. Pristine Cutz

Pristine Cutz LawnSite Member

I did 25-40 yards a week with a 21' push mower. If your trying to save money use a push mower for 10-15 yards. That is if they are small residential yards that will take you less than an hour to push mow and trim. Start little then when you have more yards get a big toy.

just a thought.....
  3. drewskee032

drewskee032 LawnSite Member

I was thinking about that too but the yards are fairly big, I dot't have much time to do them, and I would like the next mower I get to last a long time. Thanks, but I'm pretty much set on getting a mid sized w/b.
  4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Go with the Quick36.
  5. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

I recently purchased a 48" exmark tthp wb. it's about 2 years old and has about 500 hours on it. it's got all the bells and whistles, including the velke (can't remember what exmark calls it) and the mulching kit, and got it for $2800. Of course, I think if I could do it again, I might get the Quick 36 after hearing everything that people are saying about it.