New Rain Bird R-VANs

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Based on nozzle specs and personal observation, I don't agree. I will however agree that the arc setting has a bigger impact.
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed; I've run MPs at 90 psi and have had no pattern distortion or misting.
    Leave to the rest of the bottom feeding manufacturers to cheapen and screw-up what was a great invention. :hammerhead:
  3. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

If MPS were going to make any modifications I can think of two that I would really like.

1) The radius reduction screw is razor thin and is difficult to get their tool on. You also have to really crank these things down to reduce anything.

2) The fact that it's impossible to preset mps (90, 210, 270 being the exception) without turning on the water is a bit of a pain. It would be nice if they could somehow come up with a secondary mark on top of the nozzle for when you are opening to the right. Not sure if this possible, but spitballing in case hunter is listening.
  4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Maybe they need to get a few irrigation pros and not just lab coat guys in their new product development think tank. :)