New ram 1500's

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rungreen, Oct 21, 2012.

1. rungreen

rungreen LawnSite Member

Been looking at 2012 and 13 models, never owned a dodge. Looks much nicer than my 08 chevy. Have always herd front end were the weak point just wondering what people thought of them that have newer ones

2. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Ask GoldPro.. I know heh as a pipe of dodges. And Im pretty sure Krazy Kajun has a '11 or '12 Dodge

3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

i like my 04 dodge. dont like torsion bar suspension on any truck tho

4. birddseedd

oh. and ALWAYS get a limited slip diff. no matter the truck

5. CLS LLC

CLS LLC LawnSite Senior Member

And then buy stock in the tire company of your choice because you're going to eat tires. When I bought my limited slip dodge 2500 a friend warned me that it goes through tires quick and I thought he was full of it... I get about 10K miles out of a set of tires before they are down too far to make it through a winter plowing.

Don't get me wrong, I do like having the limited slip, especially for plowing but it is exclusively a work truck. My daily driver doesn't have it and I'm just fine with that seeing as how I get about 40k miles out of a set of tires on that truck.

6. birddseedd

I would guess they were either real soft performance tires, or you had a bad set. i never go threw tires like that. course, i dont drive like alot of guys. i take it easy when i drive, saves gas and wear on the truck. the only time my tires skid is if im on gravel. limited slip isnt like a locking diff or 4wd. if you drive easy, your wheel wont skid and you wont lose rubber.

to my best understanding. but i sure dont go threw tires. frankly any tire that only gets 10-15k has something wrong with it, or they are super performance tires.

either way. limited slip every time, i dont like getting stuck pulling 5k lbs of sod threw mud.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Tundra...can be had with a diff lock.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. birddseedd

what kinda lock?

9. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealers in Tulsa are making some smoking deals on Ram trucks!

10. birddseedd

i kinda woudl like to get a new truck. i cannot refinance this one. but proally caint get a newer one either :(