New Redmax 8000 monday, can't sleep

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by r_snowrider, Aug 7, 2005.

1. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

Can't wait to get my new Redmax 8000 on monday. I can't even sleep at night. It's just like Christmas Eve, which I still can't sleep during, and I am 23 years old and still live with my parents. I am pathetic.

2. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

You are working. If you help around the home, etc. sounds fair.

As for the Redmax 8000, any real man loves two strokes!!!!!!! :cool2:

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Lol. I remember those days. Now its just yet another expense to me. :dizzy:

4. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Snowrider

You will love the 8000. Much power with reasonable fuel economy for the output because of the strato-charged engine. We use idle an midrange throttle for smaller areas. Full power for big areas and leaves. Sound is pleasing to us(with earplugs on all power equipment) as it reminds us of small dirt bike. No wine sound as some of the smaller higher RPM blowers have.

As far as living with parents at 23, that can be a sensible move for economics. Pull your share at home, be respectful and mature and the experience can be plesant. I wish my father was still living to spend more time with him.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Hey man don't feel to bad. Look at all the crap I have and I still live at home. My rent is free. So why move out? :D Living at home lets you put more money back into your business

6. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

Amen to that. I probably would have had to give it up by now. Or atleast do it only part time if it weren't for having such great parents. But once more money comes rollin' in I'll be outta here.

7. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know how it works for you. Thinking of picking one up in advance for this years fall cleanups. Thanks!

8. Lawn Wolf

Lawn Wolf LawnSite Member
    from 77090

The 8000 rocks baby. You made a good choice and a very wise investment. Living with parents , there is no shame in that. You can still be independent while living with your parents as long as you can get along with them . Think of all the money your saving. The ones that moved out too early has lots of responsiblities to take care of.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I am and have always planned on living with my parents in the same house until they move out. I want to buy the house eventually because it has way to much sentamental value to me because my dad and i built a lot of it together. I plan to go to college near by too.

10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

You have a long time before you will have to start worrying about that.