New RedMax 8000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Mar 23, 2005.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Just got a Redmax 8000 too. That thing rocks. It definitely has the power. But it's a big friggin' machine! I couldn't even fit it in the back of my truck. I don't mow anymore. My job involves giving estimates, doing business errands, checking up on jobsites, etc. But I like to carry a few tools with me in the back of my truck anyway, just in case. Well, I have a nice Tanneau cover on the bed of my truck and this damn Redmax blower is so friggin' big that it won't fit inside my truck with the tanneau cover on. No matter if I turn it sideways or whatever - it's just too big. I've never had that problem before. All my other blowers fit just fine. So now I have to give the blower I bought for myself to one of my crews to use. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh well. It's still a nice machine. Glad I bought it.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The guys will love you for it.
  3. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Too bad you can't keep it for yourself. I have to force myself to get the Stihl's off the trailer now after buying the EBZ8000. I primarily use mine for the heavy stuff and leave the clippings for the Stihls.
  4. dwthomas

dwthomas LawnSite Member

The 8000 is amazing, we purchased one at the end of last year and could not believe the amount of time and labor it has saved us. We just started our cleanups for this season, I had the 8000 on my back for about 2.5 hours yesterday blowing through large piles of wet leaves without a problem. Worth every penny.
  5. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

What type of truck do you have? I have a hard cover (Swiss) on my 2005 Chevy Silverado, My 8000 fits fine, even setting upright. It doesn't touch the top.
    As for the blower....................WHAT A MACHINE! You quoted "this thing rocks" well, I have actually blown rip rap with it. Your right it does rock, and blows them too! RedMax has always been the leader in blowers and this thing is untouchable from the competition.