new redmax blower EB 7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve's lawn care, Nov 1, 2003.

1. steve's lawn care

steve's lawn care LawnSite Member

Is it me or is my old 6200 red max with 6 years on it run better than the new 7001?? are there any mods I can do to wake this thing up??? How do you remove the Spark arrestor??

Are we allowed to give that advice??

Thanks Steve

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Are we talking about just how the engine runs I.E. idles etc or how it blows? Mine runs fine. I think if it blew any harder I couldn't hold on to it.:D

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Not to take it off topic, but what is the difference between a 7000 and a 7001 (and don't anybody say "1" LOL!).
    Aren't they the same size engines?

4. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I think one has stricter emmisions for states like CA, although I am not sure which one is which.

5. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

My 7001 blows fine. If I point the exhaust tube at the ground it'll lift me off my feet. How hard do you want it to blow?

6. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

The 7001 is the new model for this year, replaces the 7000, I belive the only change is that it blow air someplace in the back, to keep you cool, Haven't noyice if it works feels the same that the older model.
    It should have more power that the 6200 for sure, check with your dealer maybe is not set up correctly.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Actually the 7001 is 125cfm more than the 7000. The spark arrestor just pulls out. Also, you must let the motor break in some before its full potential is felt.

8. steve's lawn care

steve's lawn care LawnSite Member

yea you are probably right on that one ...I will let it break in it is already running better. Still can not see how the arrestor comes out??? Oh well...Steve PS thanks for the info guys

9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that true hoss?
    I really believed the 7000 was the same as the 70001 I'll have to do more research before buying anything from now on, well this time I got something better but who know next.

Thanks hoss

10. bpurser154

bpurser154 LawnSite Member

You need to check with your dealer. If your 7001 is running properly, you would be bragging about the extra power, and that is right out of the box.
    The 7001 has the same engine as the 6200 as well as the 7000, but a lot more CFMs, (dramatic difference in blowing leaf power).
    It also blows more air up the operator's back than previous models.
    Due to changes in the volute (air chamber), it is also smoother handling.
    It is available with the throttle control on the left or right side.