New Redmax EBZ5100 (new model) on its way - what oil do you suggest?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lthj75, Sep 30, 2007.

1. lthj75

lthj75 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Figured I'd ask the experts. Its been awhile since I've had a backpack blower. Last experience was with a Echo PB-400E - that thing was bullet-proof!

What oil do you guys suggest? I know its a 50:1 the brand of 2 cycle oil matter?
  2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Every 2-stroke I own has Opti2 in it. No problems for the last 10 years. :usflag:
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

use sthil ultra synth.
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I've run the walmart brand for 3 years I have 2 8000's redmaxs, both run great on the oil.
  5. lthj75

lthj75 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Interesting....I was originally planning on using what they sell at my local Ace Hardware....then started to overthink it. Does it matter that is a EBZ model - doesn't the Z imply its low emissions?

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Will the blower come with 1 bottle of oil?
  6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Redmax 2 cycle oil in all my Redmax equipment. It has fuel stabilizer and seems to work great. From my trimmers,blower,hedge trimmmers everything just works great. Never considered using anyhting else.
  7. lthj75

lthj75 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Redmax has their own brand of oil? I couldn't seem to find it online. Maybe I'll be hitting my local shop tomorrow....
  8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Actually one is the ebz8000, and the other ebz8001.
  9. lawnboyoung

lawnboyoung LawnSite Member

i use redmax oil in my redmax also.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Shindaiwa One or Echo Power Blend. As long as it meets JASO FC or FD ratings, it will be approved for warranty purposes. I run 89 octane as well.