1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New RedMax EBZ8000 arrived yesterday! Put it to a little use too.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Nov 6, 2004.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

For those of you who might not have read my other thread, on Tuesday of this week (the 2nd) I ordered a new RedMax EBZ8000RH (right hand, tube mounted throttle, yes those are out NOW!) :) I ordered it from a fellow named Travis, of Landscaper Supply in Waco, Texas (no affiliation with "Landscaper's Supply"). They have an awesome deal on these if you order over the phone with credit card, it is $470 including delivery anywhere in the states (at least the contigious 48). That price is the same for left hand hip throttle or right hand tube throttle. Their phone number is 254-753-7900 or email Travis at redmaxman@hotmail.com

So, I received the RedMax EBZ8000RH backpack blower at about 3:30 our time yesterday (Friday). Within 15 minutes of receiving it I had it assembled and running. Everything arrived just fine, no problems there. At first the unit did not seem overly impressive on power (or maybe I expected too much) this in comparison to my 2004 Echo PB650. However, once I got it into heavier leaves and into drifts and piles of them, its power was clearly obvious! Also I have been told by many other 8000 owners that it seems to get a little more powerful after the break-in. This seemed the case with my Echo 650 as well, so I am really anticipating that time with the 8000! I’m impressed with the unit as a whole, it’s well built and designed with comfort in mind. I really like the waist strap, that is terrific for reducing pressure on the back and spreading out the weight! That’s great, wish they had that on other blowers. I really like the 8000 so far as I was able to use it some today. The only thing of it is that I do not care for, is the cruise control lever that you push up to increase speed, is backward of the Echo, but the Echo feels more natural (push down to increase speed). I can get used to that fine, other than that I love it. Have not used it for long enough periods of time to yet determine how useful the "operator air conditioned backpad" is, or how well it works, but during the three 5-15 minute intervals i used it yesterday i didn't sweat (it was kinda cool out lol).

I had a pleasant business experience, smooth transaction, I would rate Travis/Landscaper Supply very easy to deal with and definitely will buy from them again when the need arises, if we still have no local dealer.

Many of you were surprised I was getting one with tube throttle as you were all told that was not available until next year, so I believe I have one of the first ones on LawnSite to have a tube throttle (the only kind I would have by the way). But let me assure you all, it does exist cuz i have one!

Today we will really put the EBZ8000 to a test in a few thick cleanups. Hopefully i remember to snap some pictures :)
    I'll keep you all posted with updates as we log more hours on this unit, and i'll report any likes/dislikes and any flaws or potential flaws, etc.

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

another pic. ....................................

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

In this picture you can see the waist support strap (it's the two black pads with straps that's hanging down in the pic). it's really simple just strap on like a normal backpack and then if you want the waist strap (who wouldn't, it's nice!) you just grab the snap buckle ends and snap it together in the middle around your waist and then tighten them to fit you (you don't have to readjust them each use, set it and forget it). The shoulder straps and pads are pretty nice also, and the backpad is a contoured foam-like material, really soft and comfy (just hope it holds up as well as the vinyl on my other blowers). :cool2:

4. CathyLynn

CathyLynn LawnSite Member

You could have gotten this for the same price locally, maybe even less, as you developed a relationshio with a dealer in the process!

Who services this for you if it breaks during warranty? Of course, any authorized shop will, but not on a priority basis.

Buy locally--where teh money will be spent locally!
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

While I do agree with buy locally and support those that support you...but a dealer locally would not beat that price. No dealer will let you out the door with a bp blower like that one for $470 tax and all.
  6. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I believe he stated he "currently" has no local dealer .

Good question though! :)

Will the other repair shops in your area be familiar with the Redmax.

I don't believe we have one in our area either, so I have the same concerns regarding repair and support.

I am looking into purchasing one myself from everything I have read about it!

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am glad you like the blower. I think you will see an increase in power after you run it hard for a couple of weeks. All the RedMax blowers seem to perform better after a breakin period.
    That is just a so-so price. I am a dealer also, not far from that dealer, and can sell them at the same price, with shipping, and make a nice profit. I believe most any dealer in our region can sell for that price, or even less, and make a profit. Just depends on how much profit a dealer needs to make to cover the overhead and still put a little in his pocket.
    A lot of folks see these prices on the internet and think it is a bargain when it is not. The power of advertising is a great thing. I worked in a discount department store when I was a kid. Our manager said he could pile old orange crates on a display table, put up a "Sale" sign, announce it on the store speaker system, and sell everyone he could pile out there. Then laugh all the way to the bank.
  8. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Oh, I'm Jealous! Congratulations Franken! Now I have something to look forward/work to for next year! :drinkup:
  9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Whoooo Hooooo!! Another thread about a 8000 blower!!! Even with pictures (like we can't see them on the Redmax www site). What is this number 1007 on this same subject and how the blower preforms??? We get it the 8000 is a good blower ;)

I'm sorry and I'm not being rude and I realize Eric is young and this is really not directed at him, but I just don't understand. Somebody buys a $400 piece of new equipment and goes nuts about the purchase. You'd think some of them just hit the lottery. We buy new equipment all the time and I really like the post telling how items preform, but threads that really just say "hey I bought a new $400 piece of equipment" I just don't get. Again, sorry I just don't see.
  10. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

All I can say is if you see a redundant thread don’t read it and then make a comment. Others may not feel the same as you!
    I enjoy reading Eric’s post! even though he is very young. He has demonstrated common since and the ability to improve a design and fabricate the tools to fit his needs, and then give a reasonable explanation or comparison. He did say what his opinions were about the machine and information where anyone could purchase it if they didn’t have a dealer close to them.