New RedMax EBZ8000 on order!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Nov 2, 2004.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I ordered a new RedMax EBZ8000RH (right hand/tube mount throttle) today. Should get here Thursday or Friday. Got a real good deal on it in my opinion, too. Reason for purchase:
    Lots of leaf removal jobs.
    Lots of rain, raining non-stop here. When we can get to leaves they are very wet and thick (rain and time and wind brings them down).
    We have jobs on lakefront properties that are too steep for mower or push blower but leaves are thick and we need power. The Kawasaki backpack is a great one for regular mowing cleanup and it is slow in leaves compared to the Echo 650, but for thick wet leaves it just sits still almost.
    I have a worker and we need to be able to work together on our jobs. Push blower is great on some places it actually reduces fatigue from a backpack but other places we need backpack mobility with a lot of power. I could have bought another Echo 650, i've been very pleased with it, but i decided for the same price of it before taxes i could get a RedMax 8000 with no taxes and shipping included. Extra power, less price. Can't wait to get it. Should be here within a few days i will let you all know how it goes, and tell you where i got it if things work out well, so you all can get good deals through this guy.
    Pics and testimony hopefully by this weekend (i will be working this weekend thanks to all the rain).
    I hope it all goes well. This is my first RedMax purchase and hope i don't have any problems. I am going off of what you all have said about it.
    Thanks for reading. I'll keep you posted.
    Eric

2. wagner17

wagner17 LawnSite Member

If you don't mind, where exactly did you order it from and how much did it cost you.

Thanks,
    Steve

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Erick that sounds great. Glad to hear the pictures and the testimonials
    are all coming. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Gravely_Man

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hmmm, I have my suspicions. Eric, I wonder if it starts with an "e"??.

5. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

I just got one last friday, your going to be impressed!

6. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

I just bought a redmax 7001 on ebay..I was wondering if the warranty is still good if you dont buy it direct from a dealer

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I'm going to wait until i receive the unit to release info on where i got it and if i would endorse buying from these people. I will say it is from someone who sells on Ebay but they're selling it to me straight, not through Ebay. This is taking some off of the price. They have good feedback so hopefully i can add to that. If all goes well you can be sure I will do some advertising for them on here.
    Price: $470 including shipping anywhere in the US. can't beat that eh? Ebay Buy-It-Now price was $459 plus $30 shipping, so he is saving me $19 by not using Ebay. Not bad!

I'm not sure on the warranty. His Ebay auction stated 2 year full warranty, so maybe it is transferable. I don't plan to have any trouble with the unit though!

8. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Is it the guy in Texas?

I have spoke with him about them.

Has 8000 for 459. maybe the same guy.

Seems legit I called and spoke with the shop....

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The 8000 is sweet...I bought 2 and might go for one more.

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

ztoro, yes same guy. I wasn't going to release the info until i can safely say "I've had a good experience with this person" but so far so good. He has lots of good feedback and he was very nice. I emailed him from the ebay auction and said reply to the email or call me and he called and we talked a bit. he told me what kind of deal he'd cut me and i said ok let me think about it. i called him back later and talked to someone else there who took my number and said he'd have the other guy (Travis) call me back because he was with a customer. Well he called me back and we talked and he was very helpful. Takes credit cards on the phone. Was very helpful and even told me about a good deal they have on RedMax 2 cycle mix oil (I will probably take them up on that deal next spring). Travis there told me he has a lawn care business (17 employees) and that he started the dealership because he was ticked off by the local dealer who monopolized the dealership business there and was not satisfied with his experiences but needed to purchase equipment. So thats the deal.

Again, I'm going to wait till i get the blower to give a recommendation. But you nailed the right guy.