new redmax shocks.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rmartin, May 1, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

my new redmax eb7001 has been shocking me, I keep getting zapped at the throttle control. It is not a real knock me on the butt zap but it gets annoying after a while......I dont think this is normal....:eek:

2. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

Take it back.Some lealage from the on off switch.;)

3. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

Should be leakage:eek:

4. Papa Wheelie

Papa Wheelie LawnSite Member

that happened to me with my husky 155BT, from the on/off switch. It just stopped after awhile. Puzzling.?

5. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Ive got redmax blowers, one has the old style controls- arm on left side that folds down and has throttle control on it. When the conditions are right we will feel a slight buzz thru it. I got the crap shocked out of me once in the rain, the water caused it to arc off the sparkplug on my weed eater and hit me in the gut. It was weird because it caused me abs to tense in only one area, and was sore for days waaaa. Ive learned not to hold it near me when I have to finish in the rain.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

My Shindiawa does this also.

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

does it tend to do it more in dusty conditions? this is the only time mine does it. left hand control model.

8. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

The unit is not ground properly and therefore you are getting shocked.

Take it back to the dealer.....

9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

2 of my 4 7001's shock through the throttle handle when using them in real dusty conditions. Dosnt do it often enough though for me to have looked into it.

10. NorrisG

NorrisG LawnSite Member

Mine is doing this too.... glad I'm not the only one..;) I have the left hand throttle too. Come to think of it, the first time I noticed it I was in very dusty conditions.