new redmax trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Feb 11, 2005.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Just looking through turf magazine and I found redmax has a new trimmer. The BCZ3000S. Has anyone used one of these? I am curious how they would compare to my FS85 that I have now. It seems like it would be a nice trimmer being a 29.5cc engine and only weighing 11.2 lbs.

2. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

its a beast. watch out you can cut a small tree with this one. it is a bit heavier though. If you like power, buy it> :cool:

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2004 Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer and I love it!!! It has plenty of power and torque!!! Mine is 26cc and it will cut through anything!!! If you want a great trimmer, get a Red Max!!!!

4. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

RedMax makes nice stuff but almost anything would be better than the Stihl trimmers!!

Not in the same league!!

5. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

I have heard that the 3000s had some problems in early production. they might have fixed the bugs by now. btw...the 2600 is an awesome trimmer and proven reliability

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have always used Echo in the past, but tried a couple of Redmax trimmers last year and were extremely happy with them...forget if they were 2400's or 2600's. They seemed to have plenty of power.

7. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

Rod...I'm an Echo man myself for the most part...just love the SRM-260S...why did you switch to Redmax???just curious.....

8. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Last season we had 3 BCZ3000's on our crew and had ZERO problems! They are flat awesome. The only thing I can compare them to is the Shindaiwa T270's which we had prior. Once I put some 3000's on the trailer the T-270's felt like lead weights.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe it's me, but the new Echo's just don't cold start easily ...I had some brand new ones that took longer to start than what amount of time I needed to use them...drove me nuts and tired the hell out of us just to get them cranked up.

10. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

I had an FS 85. Then I bougt the BCZ2500S and it "blew the 85 out of the water." I now have the 3000 and in my opinion it is the best trimmer on the market. It will cut through grass like there is nothing there. Then in heavy brush it chugs along like a chain saw!