1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new renovated lawn

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by FARMERlawn03, Jun 23, 2003.

1. FARMERlawn03

FARMERlawn03 LawnSite Member

newly renovated lawn, old: 2 big maple, dirt, railroad tie retaining wall
    new: took in bobcat and added some dirt for smooth and round look.

any ideas for plants or shrubs?

2. FARMERlawn03

charged him $650 for seed, little over an hour of Bobcat work, and 100$ or more worth of dirt.

I had the dirt delivered and had to post pone the proccess three days because of terential rains. In the mean time we caught a lady with a small push cart attempting to steal our dirt. We kindly asked her to return it.
    What would you have done?
  3. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

I would ask her how much she needed? If little, nice a nice day. If some, sell it to her. If a lot, say, I can deliver some to you. That was a potential customer, she obviously was doing some landscape work. If jus one load, help her and stop in her yard to talk to her about her future plans, give her a card...

Have you tried to mow that lawn yet???? Would you want to be the one to mow it right there next to the drive? Quite a slope to POP up right away and then imagine it with a push mower.... And you'd be stuck mowing in one direction. Go with the drive and the mower will slide to the drive..... Even using a rider would be a butt-kicker.
  4. FARMERlawn03

shoot i dont know what i was thinking i passed up a potentional customer. I guess i had too much on my mind. "stupid"
  5. vardener

vardener LawnSite Member
    from MD 7

you know, I was jus tin Charlotte for a wedding and spent all of my time in Myers park. If I lived in Charlotte, i would work my ----- off for those accounts. That's where your money is.