new ride on sprayer/spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Mar 1, 2008.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

while doing some browsing, i noticed cub cadet has a new offering.
    im sure weve all seen there version of the rebadged lesco HPS
    ride on, but they have a new zero-turn ride on
    they call TANK.(wonder if this is like lesco's also)
    Right off the bat im not impressed, the hopper/spreader
    are mounted to the rear of the machine
    that dont make sense to me, but i dont know=
    maybe you would have to try it and get used to it.

i just like to pay close attn to quanity and spread of
    the product coming out and amount remaining in hopper.

any one seen one in person?
  2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco had it as a Z2 sprayer spreader I think. Don't know a THING about them, and have never seen one in the field, just in the store. As an aside, has anyone noticed the magazine ads for the new Cub Pro line, where I'm pretty sure the HPS is loaded with mulch? ROFLMAO This Cub thing will evaporate in a year or two tops.
  3. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I'd have to say I thought the same thing. :laugh:

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

What your'e seeing is the results of Lesco being bought out and Deere not buying the rights to thier products in the process, Cub Cadet/MTD made all Lesco spreaders, mowers, lesco Z-two spreader/sprayer and the hps, so when the buyout occurred Deere overlooked one small detail and now anyone can make excact Replica's of Lesco's old equipment. If you havn't already noticed the new Lesco spreaders for 2008 are made in China for the first time ever. The local cub cadet dealer here even has an excact replica of the Lesco Renovator which was originally designed and built by a Lesco employee Art Wick who sadly passed away this year. Thier price is higher than Lesco's on everything and they are a very ugly color of yellow. The other downside to Cub Cadet Dealers selling this equipment is parts, they are having some problems keeping parts in stock right now and I think the Lesco stores might not jump through hoops to help customers get the parts from them for these models purchased elsewhere.
  5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I think that MTD is still making them, just painting them yellow instead of green. (Not trying to nitpick). That's biggest thing I see too, is dealer support. The Lesco guys knew/know this equipment inside and out. I find it far fetched to think of walking into a Cub dealer and having them explain an HPS, Renovator, etc... IMO.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

You guys crack me up... "rebadged Lesco stuff" What do you think Lesco was?? Answer: Rebadged Cub Cadet Commercial, more specifically, MTD. What you are seeing now is the TRUE colors of the equipment from the manufacturer. Cub Cadet has been selling the Tank mowers for several years now, right along side the Lesco green Z-2 mowers.

There are, and probably will be soon, more cub cadet commercial dealers poping up in the near future. There's already one dealer in Wichita Ks that took them on, only about a mile from the Lesco location too, they will be selling all the equipment that Lesco did, plus the several brands they already carried, mostly all commercial. The other Cub Cadet dealer in the town dosn't mess with commercial at all other than keeping one tank on the floor for show.

As for the Tank spreader/spreader machines, I don't know much about them, just seen them on the floor. Frankly, unless you only deal with LARGE places they are just too big (wide) to get into most lawns. Plus, the spreader throwing to the back isn't very handy to keep track of where your'e throwing product.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

So are you saying you think Cub Cadet made the spreaders and renovators first and invented thier design?? Because I know in my post I never mentioned the Lesco or tank/mtd mowers I know better thier garbage.