1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New rims and tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big John's Lawn Service, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Big John's Lawn Service

Big John's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have a JD 737 and although it was not my first choice when I bought it used I have been very pleased. It is getting about time for some new tires and I am considering changing the rims and going with a 24" tire instead of the stock 23". Will need to change anything else besides the deck pitch? Thanks for any input.

2. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I would'nt think you would have to change the rims, I assume it already has 12 inch wheels???

3. Big John's Lawn Service

Maybe, I just know the tires are 23 x 10.5 x 12 and I want 24 x 12 x 12.

4. Big John's Lawn Service

Nobody has any thoughts? Bueller? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?

5. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with some chromed out 24's with spinners....maybe a system too LOL

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you would have to level the deck again no doubt. It might put a little more strain on the hydraulics but I wouldn't think that much. I'm a pretty much believer in leaving thing the way the factory set them up but it's your mower. I understand the feeling of wanting the larger tires though. That's one reason that I would have a hard time going with the Lazer AS series over the regular Lazer (even though I like the AS deck better). The AS series has smaller tires and I just like big tires and feel it handles better. I've had both and it makes a difference, I especially don't like small front caster tires.

7. Big John's Lawn Service

Thanks Tacoma200, I too like the bigger tires. Its got to help with less tracks and better traction.

8. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

Hey! How did the new tires work for you? I too am ready for a new set, and want to up size. My Sentar has 23 x 9.5 x 12, and I want to put on a set of 23 x 10.5 x 12. I think I saw a thread with you talking about the All Trails. I really like the look of them, I was never that trilled with the stock tires on my Sentar. What do most people run for replacement tires? Stockers or upgrade?

9. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

Just trying to get some input on some new tires for my Sentar!