1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Robin Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grateful11, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

I'm not sure if this is a new model or not but I'm looking for the lightest commercial rated trimmer I can get and I think I've found it. It's a Robin NB2001 straight shaft 20cc weighs 7.9lbs. Now that's light. I need a good extra trimmer to go along with my 10 year old T-27 "killer tank". I want something to grab up and do quick trimming. Shindaiwa seems to be fading away in our area and I don't want to drive for 30 -45 minutes to a dealer. I did a search on robin and didn't find much on here. It either the Robin or Husqvarna 325LX.
  2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

The Robin you are talking about has been around for a while. It is a good trimmer. If all you'll be using it for is maintaining weekly lawns, it will be fine. If you plan on cutting weeds, or using it for new edges, go with the Husky. The 325 is an awesome machine. BTW, Robin makes a 4 cycle trimmer that weighs less than your T-27 and has more power.
  3. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I have a 2001 and it is a good trimmer. I little underpowered. My helper uses it and she really likes it.

I also won a new Husky 325 at a pro day this spring. I love thins trimmer. Lots of power, fast, and light.

If a had to buy one it would be the 325. I am a die hard Robin fan. Had them for 15 years and love them, but this 325 Husky is great. We'll see how long it lasts.