New Rock Solid Plugr aerator?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfsurfer, Sep 16, 2004.

1. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

What's going on with the new PLUGR 1600 aerator from Rock Solid, has anyone else heard of this? I saw an ad for it in "Lawn & Landscape" and "Turf" a couple months ago, then nothing else. It's not on their website either. It is basically the same concept as the Perferator which they made for Walker mowers except this one will work on any zero turn. I believe it is also cam action, but has it's own engine versus PTO driven (like the Perferator is). Ad showed it on an Exmark Lazer. I'm thinking they might be waiting to show it at Expo and I was hoping to go and maybe demo both it and the Z-Plugr but it's looking like I will be too busy to attend. Caught in between aerations, a new round of applications and mowing right now.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They came out with it last year, it was at GIE last fall. I haven't seen it run, but from what I hear it does a good job.

3. GNRL

GNRL LawnSite Member
    from Wi

They ditched the 1600.They're working on a cam driven pull behind. But told me it wont be ready till next fall. I was lookin forward to that one too.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Probably a good idea.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How would a cam driven work on a powered unit? I mean, how would you regulate your speed to be just right as to not go too fast or too slow?

6. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. Are you sure the one you're talking about came out last year? I just saw the ad for this a month and a half ago and it said "available summer 2004", but have heard nothing further. I don't know how you would regulate the speed, that's why I'm really interested to see how it would work. My basic interest revolves around the fact that I don't have the time to do as many aerations as I could book if I had an easy machine to work with. I won't do a ton of aerations with the walk behind at the prices that are going around here. Furthermore, since I can barely get motivated to do the work for full price, I know I can't rely on hiring an employee to aerate for $8-10 an hour, every day. When I find the right machine, I know I can make some money with it.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If it is the one that goes on the front of a Z and the pic has it mounted to an eXmark Lazer I assure you I am correct. I have pics of it at my other puter. I can post for you later.

8. GNRL

GNRL LawnSite Member
    from Wi

Yes, I have the article also with it on the front of an exmark. I called them and they said they were not going to release it. :cry:

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=60693

Here is the link I posted the pic on from Gie last year. It was debuted at the GIE show last fall. They have now decided not to bring it out. I think a pull behind model would be much better.