new roof, new windows........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 24, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

new roof, new windows all around, new aluminum siding, built in pool........"$32 for the grasscut? no, i'm sorry, that is just too much...." :dizzy: :dizzy: her lawn was beautiful when i did it a few yrs back. i got rid of her. she had a few others, the crabgrass and weeds now make up at least 40% of the lawn, and you can't even see the edge of the walkways anymore. i was charging $27 4 yrs ago. she asked me back, and i gave her the new prices, she damn near fainted. billybob was doin it for 25, and made a disaster out of it. so she spends about 50 grand on home improvements, but $32 is too much for the grass. i explained to her that having that beautiful house, and crappy lawn, is kinda like wearing a tuxedo with sneakers. amazing. she'll be back......@$35

2. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

We know , we know.....they ALLLLLL COME BACK. We get it already. The question you have to ask yourself is......why do you lose them to begin with?

3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Probably because Mr. Part timer with a pick up and a walk behind in the back, cut his price by $5.00 and she jumped all over it....do they still install aluminum siding ;)

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

gather round the campfire kids, it's time for Booby Goose to tell us some more stories! Michael Jackson tells less lies than this guy!

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

this particular one was cancelled for failure to pay on time. chevy be quiet, you are a fountain of false information. all my stories are true

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

do you think that she will pay on time this time?

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

ha ha, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....well, does the word CONCUSSION mean anything to you? tiedman, this time i had her set up for 2 months pre pay. i wasn't about to chase my money again.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ahh, I see. Good man!