1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new sales and service center?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ranger rick, Feb 28, 2004.

1. ranger rick

ranger rick LawnSite Member

have a chance to buy into a power center with my nephew. this was a long established business that closed its doors due to a devoice not the nephew. . the business has been closed for 1 year. my nephew helped run the business . my questions to you is should it be a llc, or what kind of business should it be. the business has no leans on it and has all of the tools and parts to open the doors . what kind and what limits of insurance do we need? we will be selling new dixon , snapper and stihl equiptment, along with some used mowers and repair of misc equipment .we will own the land and buildings and will plow some snow in the winter time. the only people in voled in the business are myself and my nephew. thanks.
  2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

What about selling seed and fertilizer?

I think it's a great opportunity.........good luck with it
  3. AA Arborist

AA Arborist LawnSite Member

My buissness is set up as an llc its taxed like a partnership and you have protection of your personal assets, Articles of organization will spell out the agreement so that there are no arguments in the future between you and your nephew.
  4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I strongly suggest you contact an attorney who specializes in business and real estate.