New scag controls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitycut, Feb 28, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

I was up at the dealer today and he had a demo sitting there with the new controls. Its like a bike steering wheel and the handles are heat and pressure sensitive, so no more safety handles to hold. I thought it was kind of cool but I guess they have not even started production on them yet.

2. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

new super v controls. I dont' like them. I think they are uncomfortable, awkward and i really think they are a safety issue.

We'll see.

3. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

ya I didnt really test it just kind of played with the control. I thought it was kinda cool but I dont think I would like to use it all day. I also wonder how long those sensors and crap will last in those grips.

4. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I've only driven it once but I liked it better than anything else I've used recently and cant wait till I get em in. I loathe pistol grip anything.

5. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

this is going to be another chevy ford dodge thread----------100 people----100 opinions-------------test one for a full day on your properties THEN form an opinion based on exactly how it worked for you!

6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

i played around with one of them at my dealer, and i thought they were very nice, really easy to use and dont seem like they'd beat you up mowing all day, very intuitive. saying that, i will say i havent had the chance to actually cut with one, but a guy said the thing was amazing on side hilling.

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

about 7k for the 52'' 21hp kawi. just so ya know

8. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

I tried it didnt like it. Like pistol grips much better.

9. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

52" 23 kawasaki electric start 6,800 cash at our dealer in Indpls

10. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i tried one out at the dealer a couple weeks ago outside on the drive. they steer pretty good. they would come in handy for going around trees and and bushes as your hands will be more protected. You can also one hand the control too. I think it steers like a bicycle does.

but i still prefer the pistol grips better.