New Scag striping roller

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Nov 29, 2003.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone seen the new striping roller from Scag? It's on their website at scag.com. It fits the Turf Tigers -- looks like the best roller out there yet. Too bad I don't have a rider.... :(

2. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Yeh I just had a look, they seem like a very good unit. I like the fact that the roller is full width, not just letting the wheels to the rest of the work as this would help with blending.
    The mouting looks very prctical and the quick release is a good thing too.

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know the cost? It kinda looks similar to the Big League Lawns roller.

4. grasscutter122003

grasscutter122003 LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I called my local dealer here in atlanta. Scag wants 327.00 for the system. They have not sold a kit yet. I have a scag Tiger Cub. with a 61" deck.

5. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

That same price my scag dealer gave me which seems like alot of cash when you prob can make one alot cheaper. i think striping depends so much on grass type and height of cut ( be able to curl or bend grass over ) and if you really pay attention you can stripe almost as good without having to buy one . My scag ultimate stripes fine without a roller , just my 2 cents

6. Oliver1850

Oliver1850 LawnSite Member

I too have taken notice of this new striping kit by Scag and am very optimistic. Scag obviously put some thought into it, i.e. spring tensioned resistance, quick disconnects and the mounting location.

7. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

My scag w/b stripes pretty good,but my turf tiger dont.I made a chain kit for tt,but I didn't make chains long enough,it didn't help much.Mabey someone will beat that 327.00.I sure would like to try a roller.

8. that thing is a dead ringer for bob's roller at bigleagues lawns .I bet they run into copyright infringement along the line

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

that thing is a dead ringer for bob's roller at bigleagues lawns .I bet they run into copyright infringement along the line

I think you mean patent infringement, but I believe the roller is totally different. The Big League roller is not adjustable in any way.

10. bob's 21 inch roller was a lot diferent then inventek's 21 roller guess what bob aint selling a 21 inch rollers now.We will see what plays out with this .

And yes i meant patent infringement .