New Scag Tiger Cat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rjm5133, Mar 29, 2012.

1. rjm5133

rjm5133 LawnSite Member
    from PA

As the title says I got a new Scag yesterday. Got a great deal so I couldn't resist. I have been running a 61" Turf Tiger with an Advantage deck and I can't believe how much nicer the Velocity deck cuts. In my opinion its the best deck out. I have run exmarks, kubotas, john deeres, hustlers, and toro and nothing even compares. By the way the new mower is a 61" Tiger Cat with a 25hp kohler. I'll try to get so pics up soon.

2. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Be sure to add an aftermarket hydro cooler if you regularly mow more than an hour straight at a time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

how much did you get it for?

4. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Yes, I own a 48" Scag with a 19 kaw, that's one of the best investment I've every made. The mower runs like a CHAMP!!! How much did you pay for it?

5. rjm5133

rjm5133 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I paid $6500 its a brand new 2011

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds like a good deal !!

7. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

That's a good deal!!! They asking $9,999 for a 61" and a 52" with 48 month no interest!

8. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

$6500? Wow, you did get a great deal. The Tiger Cat is a really good mower and the Velocity deck cuts beautifully.
    My dealer has the 61" with a 27 Kohler for $8399. Did you get a suspension seat?

9. rjm5133

rjm5133 LawnSite Member
    from PA

No I didn't get the suspension seat, the seat thats on it is pretty comfortable.

10. TruSomethingOrOther

TruSomethingOrOther LawnSite Member

Man you did get a deal. I just picked up my tigercat 25hp/48" rider two weeks ago and love it. Having a slight issue with the new tires not tearing up the grass on turns, but I am slowly getting the hang of it (first time for a zero turn). I paid $8320 for it.

Side topic - what do you guys do to not tear up the grass when turning?