1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Scag Tiger Cat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rjm5133, Mar 29, 2012.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

New tires are going to tear a bit...especially wide ones, as they wear they will be fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Procut lawn expert

Procut lawn expert LawnSite Member

i think you robbed somebody .. you got a good deal how many hrs did it have
    on it when you got it
  3. The Grounds Crew

The Grounds Crew LawnSite Member

I have three 36in 17hp kawasaki scags with advantage decks. I haven't done my research but what is the main difference between advantage and velocity decks? What are the pros and cons of both?
  4. rjm5133

rjm5133 LawnSite Member
    from PA

It had 3hrs on it when i got it.

I have both a turf tiger 61" with an advantage deck and the new tiger cat 61" velocity. I never really had any complaints with the advantage until i used the velocity. The biggest difference i've noticed is how well it spreads the clippings. Stuff i used to have to double cut now doesn't need it. The velocity doesn't care if its wet or dry, and i have used it on all types of lawns and it always seems to leave a perfect manicured look no matter what the conditions. If I ever remember I'll post some pics.
  5. Procut lawn expert

Procut lawn expert LawnSite Member

thats WHAT I LOVE ABOUT SCAGS new decks
  6. lowendrider

lowendrider LawnSite Member
    from AL

I have a 48" Tiger Cat..love it. I'm interested in the aftermarket hydro cooler..anymore info on this? Where to get one and how to install?? Congrats to the OP..gotta love the Scags.
  7. flipper61

flipper61 LawnSite Member

If any of you are looking for a 48" tiger cat I will more then likely be selling one next week for about 6000.00 and it has 6 hours on it with the suspension seat. I am dealing with a bank I do work for to take it as part of payment for the work I do for them. Just wanted to put that out there so you may save a little money. I believe it has the 25 kohler command engine on it.